Table of Contents
ABB Recruitment Process
This article will look into the details of ABB Recruitment Process for freshers, Job Roles and CTC, ABB Eligibility Criteria, Recruitment Stages. Also have a look at ABB Placement Papers for details on the Online Test pattern, syllabus, and previously asked questions. For details on ABB Interview Questions and Process, click here
About the Company – ABB
Before going through the ABB recruitment process, one must always go through the basic information about the company as it will always help you in keeping one step ahead from other people.
ABB is abbreviated as ASEA Brown Boveri and it is a Swiss-Swedish multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment and automation technology areas. The company was formed in 1988 as a result of merging of Allmanna Svenska Elektriska Aktiebolaget (ASEA) and Brown Boveri Cie (BBC).
The Electrification Products division manufactures low- and medium-voltage electrical products, including electric vehicle infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation; products to protect people, installations and electronic equipment from electrical overload such as enclosures, cable systems and low voltage circuit breakers; measuring and sensing devices, control products, switching and wiring accessories.
Job Roles and CTC offered
ABB visits a number of colleges and universities to conduct campus recruitment to select the best students who match their company criteria. The job roles offered by ABB after the ABB recruitment process are:
|Job Role||Year of Passout||Apply link||Location|
|Associate Software Engineer||2019||Click here to apply||Bangalore|
ABB Eligibility Criteria
Before sitting for the ABB Recruitment Process, have a look at the Academic and Graduation Eligibility Criteria required to sit for the ABB Selection process. Following is the ABB Eligibility Criteria:
Academic and Graduation Criteria
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of experience.
Other Required Skills
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Development skills in C#\WinForms\WPF\.NET.
- Develop and maintenance of WinForms\WPF applications.
- Should have knowledge on different tools like – Visual Studio 2015, TFS.
- Expert knowledge on object-oriented programming system(OOPs) concepts.
- As an Associate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Responsible for implementation of software components, for electrical power management & control configuration application.
- Responsible to deliver work products on time with defined quality.
- Responsible for Unit test design and execution.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
ABB Recruitment Process for Freshers
ABB conducts both on and off campus recruitment drives all over India. They have the same pattern for campus recruitment in on and off campus drives.
Aspirants applying for the ABB Campus Drive have to undergo the selection process. The various rounds of the selection process are as follows,
- Online/ Written Test
- Technical Round
- HR Round
If the number of applications is more for the campus drive than the authorities change the selection process by conducting the Group Discussion.
Round 1: Online Test
ABB conducts an online test for all the job roles which includes a number of questions from various sections.
- Aptitude section consists of verbal, analytical and attention to detail sections. Verbal Ability section consists of questions from sentence completion & correction, reading comprehension, and para jumbles. Analytical Ability section consists of questions from topics such as numbers, percentages, time & work, coding-decoding, puzzles, data arrangement, blood relations, pie charts and tables, logical connectives & syllogisms. And attention to detail consists of questions from visual reasoning. Get complete pattern and syllabus here.
- The technical section consists of questions from topics like C++, Java, DBMS, switchgear, circuit breakers etc. Also, it consists of questions based on electrical and electronics, RDBMS, DBA, UNIX and from OS & Networking.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate to tough. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Aptitude (Verbal + Analytical + Attention to Details)||50||50 mins|
|Technical Ability||60||60 mins|
Round 2: Technical Interview
The Technical Interview is the final platform where ABB assesses a candidates technical soundness, generally, senior employees with 10+ years of work experience in design are invited to conduct interviews. You are not expected to be master of all the fields, in most cases, you will be asked to select your favorite 2-3 areas. The questions will start from very basic concepts & will build the complexity on it further. Expect a deep prodding session. If you have prepared yourself well for round-1 & can apply concepts to practical machines around you, you will sail through. Its ok to say no if you don’t know something.
Here are some of the commonly asked technical interview questions in ABB hiring process:-
- What advantages does DBMS have over traditional file systems?
- What is cache memory? Can we increase its size as large as 40 GB? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
- What are the advantages of using Distributed Processing?
- Why star delta starter is preferred to induction motor?
- Why AC systems are preferred over DC systems?
Round 3: HR Interview
The round is to test your cultural fit. An HR employee with 10-15 years of work experience is generally expected to conduct the interview. ABB is very particular about ethics & safety. He/She may ask general questions about mobility, related to your life and your career and why you want to work with ABB. This round basically evaluates the stability and confidence level of the candidate.
Here are some of the commonly asked HR interview questions in ABB recruitment process:-
- Tell me about yourself.
- Are you ready to handle a team under pressure? How will you manage them?
- What do you know about our competitors?
- How do you plan to improve upon our product?
- Give an example which describes that you are hard working.
Group Discussion session includes simple questions and industry-related topics. You need to think for 5 minutes about the topic and then discuss it. The topics are general and don’t need any specific preparation. Nearly half of the candidates will be shortlisted here so you have to take chances to express your opinion.
ABB Off Campus
ABB often conducts Off Campus Drives for B.E/B.Tech freshers. The eligibility criteria is similar to the campus recruitment process mentioned above. The ABB Off Campus recruitment process has 3 rounds, similar to the campus recruitment process.
Follow the following steps to apply for ABB Off Campus Drive,
- Click on this link – Apply Online ABB Careers India
- Enter all the required fields, industry type and location.
- You will be then taken to the next page which will show the available positions.
- If there is any vacancy, apply for it and follow the process of submitting your resume and other details.
- Keep checking this portal for opportunities.
- You can also look for jobs on online job portals and apply there.
ABB Recruitment Process- Mandatory Documents
The Aspirants should carry the following mandatory documents for attending ABB Recruitment Process.
- 2 copies of latest updated resume.
- 3 to 4 passport size photos.
- Mark sheets of the candidates throughout their academics i.e; from 10th to graduation/ post graduation.
- Identity proof for verification purpose (any Govt issued ID)
- Internship Certificate (if any)