Program to reverse a string in C, C++, Java and Python | FACE Prep
Published on 11 Mar 2020
In this article, we will discuss different methods to reverse a string in C/C++/Java/Python. A string can be reversed using the following approaches.
- Method 1: By swapping the characters of the string
- Method 2: By using recursion
- Method 3: By using standard library functions
Consider the below I/O samples before you program to reverse a string.
SAMPLE INPUT 1: faceprep
SAMPLE OUTPUT 1: perpecaf
SAMPLE INPUT 2: welcome
SAMPLE OUTPUT 2: emoclew
Method 1: Reverse a string by swapping the characters
The algorithm used in this method to reverse a given string is:
- Input the string from the user
- Find the length of the string. The actual length of the string is one less than the number of characters in the string. Let actual length be j.
- Repeat the below steps from i = 0 to the entire length of the string.
- rev[i] = str[j]
- Print the reversed string.
Program to reverse a string by swapping the characters using the iterative approach
Method 2: Program to reverse a string using recursion
Method 3: Program to reverse a string using the standard library function
If you have any feedback about this
article and want to improve this, please write to email@example.com