Cisco recruitment process for freshers is given below. Cisco recruitment process for various roles (both on-campus and off-campus), Cisco eligibility criteria for freshers, etc are all discussed in detail.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco Systems Inc. operates as an American Multinational Technology company which has its headquarters at California. CISCO was established in the year 1984 December by Leonard Bosack & Sandy Lerner. It is one of the leading software organization. The work of Cisco is to develop, manufacture and sell networking hardware and other high technology services and products. It specializes in specific tech markets such as management of energy and domain security. Cisco Recruitment process is one of the most organized recruitment processes where candidates having excellent domain skills as well as management skills are recruited.
Cisco Recruitment Process – Role, Salary
Cisco recruits freshers for some specific job roles. The eligibility criteria, salary offered & skills required are different for different roles. Here is the list of roles & other details for which Cisco hires freshers.
Job Role: Network Consulting Engineer
CTC: 13.13 LPA
- Help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals.
- Creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of IP Internetworking, LAN switching, WAN Expertise Voice technologies, Internetworking Troubleshooting experience.
Job Role: Software Engineer
CTC: 10-12 LPA
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and networking principles, plus working knowledge of related disciplines, e.g., computer security, algorithms, database, and operating systems.
- Contribute to small subsystem architecture design and write functional specs.
- Write and/or provide input portions of design specs.
- Independently develop software code per design specification.
- Debug problems of moderate scope at the subsystem level.
Cisco Eligibility criteria for Freshers
The eligibility criteria for freshers to attend the Cisco recruitment process is as follows
- Students pursing B.Tech in CSE, IT, ECE.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 70% or above in 10th and 12th.
- Candidates should have a CGPA of 7 or above in the pursuing degree and no current standing arrears.
The eligibility criteria constantly changes based on Cisco’s requirement. Often in top tier colleges, the minimum CGPA required can go up to 8 or 9.
Cisco Recruitment Process 2019
Cisco Recruitment Process for freshers 2019 consists of 3 rounds. The various rounds involved in Cisco’s placement process are discussed below in detail.
Round 1: Online Test
Round 1 of Cisco recruitment process is an online test. Cisco’s online test pattern consists of Aptitude and Technical sections, all of which consists of questions focused to test candidates subject knowledge.
The test consists of 50 MCQs and these need to be answered in 60 minutes.
|Section||Number of questions|
Important things to know about Cisco test pattern:
- There is no negative marking.
- Do not spend more than 1 minute per question. Speed and accuracy matter a lot in this round.
To know the syllabus of the online test and also previous year questions, check here – Cisco placement papers 2019
Round 2: Technical Interview
Candidates who have cleared the first round of the online written test are only eligible for the second stage that is the technical interview round. Usually 10-20% of the students who have written the online test get qualified for the interview round.
The basic motive of the technical interview is to judge your knowledge of the field from which you have graduated.
- For a Software Engineer role, you will be asked questions based on CS subjects like Data Structure, Algorithms, Operating System, Networking, DBMS etc.
- For a Network Associate role, you will be asked questions based on subjects like Networking, Computer Networks, Microprocessors. Also basic knowledge of coding is expected out of the non CS students.
For more such interview related questions, check this – Cisco Interview Questions
Round 3: HR Interview
The candidate’s HR interview round basically focuses on evaluating the managerial, personal skills of the candidate. The client interaction capability is also determined in this round.
Coming to the type of questions asked, they would be basic HR interview questions asked by every other recruiter.
1) Why Cisco?
2) Where do you see yourself in the next years?
3) What are your expectations from this role?
4) Why do you think you are the right fit for this role?
Cisco off-campus drives for freshers
Cisco gives chance to its candidates after every six months. The candidates need to maintain a gap of 6 months before they attend the next recruitment. Cisco vacancies are huge in number. Recruitment drives of Cisco happens in almost every major city such as Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Noida, Delhi, Pune etc. Remember if you are from non- tech background, then remember that in your Technical interview the questions will be asked from your core subjects.
How to apply for Cisco off-campus jobs
If the question arises that how to get a job in Cisco for freshers, the candidate has to follow the following procedure to apply for the Cisco Recruitment process-
- Visit www.cisco.com to apply online.
- Search for ‘careers’ section. There is a “search tool” option which is available at the bottom of the home page.
- Click on “Jobs opportunities” on the next page.
- Select “jobs: sales, marketing” on that page
- After that enter your “location” where you are living.
- Open the link of the post for which you are applying for.
- A page will display on your screen to read all the information.
- After that click on “apply” and enter your email id
- Click on Start.
- Fill details and click on submit.
- Upload the required documents.
- Go for the final check of the application form and click submit.
- Do print the hard copy of the application for future reference