Cognizant Placement Papers – Quantitative Aptitude
Cognizant Aptitude section is a part of Cognizant online Test for Programmer Analyst role. Cognizant hiring for the Associate role does not have this section in the online test.
1) In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes and got 20% invalid votes. At the end of the day when the total number of votes were counted, the total number was found to be 7500. So what was the total number of valid votes that the winning candidate got, was:
Since 20% of the votes were invalid, 80% of the votes were valid = 80% of 7500 = 6000 votes were valid. One candidate got 55% of the total valid votes, then the second candidate must have 45% of the votes = 0.45 * 6000 = 2700 votes.
2) A whole number n which when divided by 4 gives 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when 2n is divided by 4?
According to the question, n = 4q + 3. Therefore, 2n = 8q + 6 or 2n = 4(2q + 1) + 2. Thus, we get when 2n is divided by 4, the remainder is 2.
Cognizant Placement Papers – Logical Reasoning
Cognizant Logical reasoning questions are easy when compared to the remaining sections. Cognizant Logical reasoning placement papers with solutions are here. If you practice these carefully, then you can easily score well.
1) Statements: Some envelops are gums. Some gums are seals. Some seals are adhesives.
1) Some envelopes are seals.
2) Some gums are adhesives.
3) Some adhesives are seals.
4) Some adhesives are gums.
a) Only (3)
b) Only (1)
c) Only (2)
d) Only (4)
2) Ankit is the son of Zubin. Manju is the daughter of Anil. Sheela is the mother of Manju. Mohan is the brother of Manju. How is Mohan related to Sheela?
d) Cannot be determined
Manju is the daughter of Anil. Sheela is the mother of Manju. Therefore, Mohan is the son of Sheela.
Cognizant Placement Papers – Verbal Ability
Cognizant placement papers or previous year papers analysis shows that the verbal ability section is the toughest of all. You need to prepare well for this section to crack the exam.
1) Choose the best antonym for ‘Exodus’
2) Choose the best antonym for ‘Amused’
Cognizant Placement Papers – Automata Fix
This a new section introduced in Cognizant on-campus recruitment Process. For Automata Fix syllabus, sample questions – Please check here.
Cognizant Placement Papers – Coding or Programming
This round is only for Cognizant off campus drive via Amcat. It is not applicable for Cognizant on campus hirings. This is a very crucial section. You need to answer at least 1 out of the 2 given coding questions in the Cognizant online test. Else your chances of getting selected to the next round are very less.
Find the occurrence of a substring in a parent string
Substring : abc
char str, sub;
int count = 0, count1 = 0;
int i, j, l, len1, len2;
printf("\nEnter a string : ");
len1 = strlen(str);
printf("\nEnter a substring : ");
scanf(" %[^\n]s", sub);
len2 = strlen(sub);
for (i = 0; i < len1;)
j = 0, count = 0;
while ((str[i] == sub[j]))
count++; i++; j++;
if (count == len2)
count = 0;
return 0; }