Cognizant Test pattern and syllabus 2020 for on campus and off campus recruitments are given below. Based on the role Cognizant is hiring for, the test pattern and syllabus changes accordingly. Cognizant majorly hire for these roles.
Cognizant recruits in large number for this role each year from various colleges. The CTS test pattern for the Cognizant online test (first round) is as below.
|Sections||Number of questions||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||16||16 mins|
|Logical Reasoning||24||35 mins|
|Verbal Ability||22||18 mins|
|Automata fix||7||20 mins|
The next round will a Face to Face Technical interview round and followed by HR round. For detailed information of Cognizant Recruitment process 2020, check here.
Cognizant syllabus for its online test is given below. This is the latest syllabus of Cognizant Test pattern 2020. You can start preparing for each of these section here:
Time and work
Ratios and Proportion
Averages, Profit & Loss
Time, speed and distance
Permutations and Combinations
|Logical Reasoning||Data Arrangements|
Coding and Decoding series
Odd man out
|Verbal Ability||Reading Comprehension|
|Automata Fix||Logical Error Correction|
Syntax Error Correction
Know more about Cognizant Automata Fix (new section in Cognizant Online test)
1) Batch of BE / B Tech / ME / M Tech / MS[5yrs]degree students belonging to CSE / IT / ECE / EEE / EIE / E&E / Applied Electronics / Computer & Technology / Electrical / ETE / ICE / Software Engineering/Mechanical only.
2) Consistent academic record of a minimum of 60% in X, XII, Diploma, UG & PG (all subjects taken into consideration) calculated as below
Aggregate% = sum of all subjects marks scored / total no. of subjects (as of last semester result declared)
3) No standing arrears in current education.
4) Max 2 years gap in education.
5)Any students who have applied and waiting for re-evaluation would be considered only with the initial results declared.
6)Appropriate CGPA to % conversion to be considered as per University norms.
7) Strong written and oral communication skills
8)Open only to Indian nationals
9) Flexible to relocate to anywhere in India, work in any shift/domain.
Cognizant hires for Programmer Analyst Trainee role off-campus via AMCAT exam. The Amcat Cognizant exam pattern for this role is as below.
|Sections||Number of questions||Time duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||16||16 mins|
|Logical Reasoning||14||14 mins|
|Verbal Ability||25||25 mins|
After the online test and coding test, students who clear these will be called for a Technical and a HR round. The details about the interview questions asked in Technical and HR rounds are given here.
The syllabus for CTS Amcat online test pattern is as below.
HCF and LCM
Numbers, Decimal fractions and power
Profit and Loss
Simple and Compound Interest
Time, Speed and Distance
Permutation and Combination
|Logical Reasoning||Coding deductive logic|
Data sufficiency, Directional sense and Logical word sequence
Selection decision tables
Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition
Analogy and classification pattern recognition
Logical word sequence
Sentence Improvement and Construction
Iteration, Recursion, Decision
Procedure, functions and scope
Data Structures & Algorithms:
Arrays, Linked Lists, Tress, Graphs
Searching and Sorting
- Minimum 10+2+4 years of education (All in full time).
- 2020 batch of BE/B.tech belonging to CSE / IT / ECE / EEE / EIE / E&E / Applied Electronics / Computer and Technology / Electrical / ETE / ICE / Software Engineering (Full time only / Regular courses only).
- First class (60%) in 10th , 12th & UG (Full time/Regular courses).
- No standing arrears in current education.
-Maxiumum 2 years gap in education.
- Willing to work in 24/7 Shifts & any Cognizant location.
- Should be an Indian Citizen.
Students must carry the following documents for the Cognizant recruitment process
1) 4 recent Passport size color photograph (both ears visible in light background),
2) 2 Resumes (maximum of 2 pages)
3) Students must carry 1 photocopy of their PAN Card, Aadhaar Card & passport (front & back page)
4) Original and 2 photocopies of
a) 10th& 12thmark sheets
b) Diploma all semester mark sheets & degree certificate (if applicable)
c) UG all semester wise mark sheets
d) UG Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate (if available)
e) PG all semester wise mark sheets
f) PG Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate (if available)
The Cognizant online test pattern for this role is as below. If you are good at programming, then landing a job in this role is very easy.
Note: Coding Proficiency test of Cognizant is the first level of screening if the number of applicants for this role is high. This online coding test is conducted on the Hacker rank platform. The questions asked in this round are normally of medium/difficult range. So a lot of students might not be able to clear this round without good programming knowledge. Cognizant might as well exclude this round based on the number of applicants.
The second online coding test is much easier when compared to this. The level of questions asked would range from easy to difficult.
|Rounds||Section||Number of questions||Time duration|
|Coding Proficiency Test||Coding||2 - 3||60 - 90 mins|
|Online Test||English Comprehension||22||22 mins|
|Online Test||Data Interpretation||15||15 mins|
|Online Test||Critical Reasoning||15||15 mins|
|Online Coding Test||Programming||2||60 mins|
The syllabus for CTS online test for the Associate role is shown below.
|English Comprehension||Vocabulary, Grammar, Comprehension|
|Cognitive ( Critical Reasoning, Data interpretation)||Ability to analyze arguments, ability to interpret data & draw conclusions|
|Programming||Automata pro: Simulated coding platform on Data Structures, recursion, Arrays and Matrices, Sorting and Searching, String manipulation, etc.|
Important: Test Evaluation will include coding modules from C, C++ and data structures predominantly with medium and high complexity questions. It may also have few basic coding or MCQs on SQL, Database, Java and .Net and algorithms.