This article will talk about the D E Shaw campus recruitment process for freshers, D E Shaw Placement Pattern, Syllabus, D E Shaw Campus Recruitment eligibility criteria, salary package, and off-campus registration process.
The D E Shaw campus recruitment is done for many posts. D E Shaw campus recruitment is conducted every year to select new candidates.
Before going in detail about the D E Shaw campus recruitment process let us first go through the company introduction.
Table of Contents
About The Company- D.E SHAW
D E. Shaw & Co., L.P. is a multinational investment and technology development firm founded in 1988 by David E Shaw and based in New York City. They have offices in New York, Boston, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Shanghai, London, and Bermuda. It has earned an international reputation for successful investing based on innovation, careful risk management, and the quality of staff. They have a significant presence in the world’s capital market, investing in a wide range of companies in both developed and developing economies.
- Industry: Investment Management
- Founded: 1988
- Headquarters: New York City, New York, U.S.
- Key People: David E Shaw
Job Roles Offered by D.E Shaw
The job roles offered by D.E.Shaw for freshers are:
|Job Role||CTC Offered||Eligibility Criteria|
|Quality Assurance Engineer||29-29.5 LPA||BTech(CSC, IT, ECE,EEE,EIE)
An aggregate of CGPA 7 in pursuing degree and
no current arrears.
|Software Engineer||2.36-10.11 LPA||B.Tech(CSE, IT)|
D E SHAW Campus Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
For a candidate to be eligible for DE Shaw Campus Recruitment Process, he/she should clear the below-given academic and graduation criteria. Make sure you go through these before applying/sitting for the DE Shaw Recruitment Process.
- Students from IT/ CSE/ ECE or MCA or M.Tech are eligible for D E Shaw campus recruitment process.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 65% throughout in graduation
- Candidate should have 65% or above in 12th, and 10th.
- There should not be any backlogs.
- Candidates should have excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
D E SHAW Campus Recruitment Process – Rounds
The main motive of D E Shaw campus recruitment process is to select the employees that match the criteria for their organization This decision is taken on the basis of four rounds in the DE Shaw Campus Recruitment Process. The D E Shaw campus recruitment process is divided into four sections:
- Online Test
- Technical Interview-I
- Technical Interview-II
- HR Interview
D.E SHAW Placement Pattern
The Written test consists of:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Technical MCQ’s
The pattern for written test in D E Shaw campus recruitment is:
|Section||Number of Questions||Allotted Time|
The total time provided for the written exam is 60 minutes. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in the paper.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Generally the quantitative aptitude questions are from time, speed and distance, profit and loss, time and work and ratio proportions. Practice quantitative aptitude questions here
- Verbal Ability: The verbal ability questions are based on reading comprehension, sentence completion, synonyms, and antonyms. Practice verbal ability questions here.
- Logical Reasoning: The logical reasoning questions are basically on coding-decoding, series and puzzles. Practice logical reasoning questions here.
- Technical MCQ: The technical paper consists of questions on core subjects and on C, C++, OS, Networking.
- Coding: The coding paper usually consists of a dynamic programming problem. Practice coding through Faceprep’s Procoder.
The overall level of D E Shaw placement paper is moderate to tough, so in order to get through this process, you have to prepare well for all the sections.
FACE Prep has multiple resources for you to prepare the written test conducted by such companies. Go through this link,
- Improve Aptitude Knowledge through FACE Prep Knowledgebase
- Practice Aptitude Questions through FACE prep Testgym
D.E SHAW Off-Campus Recruitment Process
D E Shaw campus recruitment includes both off-campus and On-campus drives. The recruitment process for D E Shaw Off campus recruitment drive is mostly similar to the on campus recruitment. Considering D E Shaw off-campus recruitment drive, you have more chances of making it for the interview, if you know someone in DE Shaw and come through their referral. Else, you have to apply through their website.
How to apply for D E Shaw Off campus drive?
Aspiring candidates can apply for D E Shaw Off Campus through the company website following these steps, it also helps if there is a possibility of referral from any D E Shaw employee.
- Go to the D E Shaw official Website http://www.deshawindia.com/Careers.shtml
- At the top of the page, you can find the careers option.
- Click on it.
- Search for the new openings.
- Apply for the jobs.
D E Shaw Recruitment Process – Documents Required
After you have applied for the D E Shaw campus recruitment process, you will be asked for the following documents at any point during the process. So, make sure you are ready with these:
- 10/12th mark sheets
- Graduation certificates
- 2 copies of currently updated resume.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Original and photocopies of any Government-issued photo identity proof. (Aadhar card, Voter ID, Driver’s License etc)