eLitmus Syllabus and Test Pattern for eLitmus written pH test 2019 are discussed here in detail.
Lakhs and Lakhs of candidates graduate every year. Even though most of the colleges offer on-campus placements, not everyone gets placed in them. So, what happens to those unplaced students? These unplaced students go for off-campus drives in hope of getting placed.
But, nowadays, most of the companies, rather than conducting their own drives, hire graduates and freshers through processes like eLitmus pH test, AMCAT, etc. To know more on which among them is better, check this – Amcat vs eLitmus
Amongst these, eLitmus plays a major role in the hiring of freshers. So, what is the eLitmus pH test? This article will discuss all the details about the eLitmus pH test.
About Elitmus pH Test
eLitmus Evaluation Private Limited is an Indian recruitment organization founded by ex-Infosys employees. It helps companies in hiring freshers for their entry-level jobs through its effective and unique test called eLitmus pH test.
This test is used by most of the companies including some fortune 500 companies like Dell, General Electric, etc. to recruit graduates.
Elitmus is a little tricky exam to crack compared to other employability tests. Elitmus is a content challenged test (less number of questions; high quality in depth of question) rather than a time-challenged test (more number of questions; less quality in depth of questions).
eLitmus calls this method of testing as ‘pH Test’. Know more on eLitmus registration, fee, exam dates etc
eLitmus Exam Pattern 2019
The sections included in eLitmus exam pattern are:
- Quantitative Ability (20 questions)
- Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving (20 questions)
- Verbal Ability (20 questions)
|Sections||No. of questions||Total score||Negative marking|
|Total||60||600||Unique Negative Marking Scheme|
The syllabus for eLitmus exam pattern is given below. Please keep the below points in mind, before you attend the eLitmus exam.
- eLitmus is a pen and paper based exam for a duration of 2 hours
- Unlike other exams, there is no sectional timings as the exam is a pen & paper based test.
- The eLitmus exam is non-adaptive in nature.
- There is negative marking in eLitmus exam.
- elitmus exam score is valid for 2 years
- Candidate should wisely allocate time among the three sections based on his/her proficiency in order to ace the exam.
eLitmus Syllabus 2019
Below is the updated eLitmus syllabus 2019 for Computer Science (CSE) and IT department students preparing for the eLitmus pH test. You need to practice each topic given in eLitmus syllabus, to score a good percentile in the test.
a) Quantitative Ability Syllabus for eLitmus
Below is the eLitmus syllabus for the quantitative ability sections. You need to answer 8 – 10 questions from this section to score good percentile.
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Number System
- Permutation and Combinations
- Few Miscellaneous Questions on topics like Progressions, Algebra etc.
b) Logical Reasoning & Problem-Solving Syllabus for eLitmus
Below is the eLitmus syllabus for quantitative ability sections. You need to answer 10 – 12 questions from this section to score good percentile.
- Cryptarithmetic (3 questions)
- Logical Reasoning (8 questions)
- Data Interpretation (5 questions)
- Data Sufficiency (4 questions)
c) Verbal Ability Syllabus for eLitmus
Below is the eLitmus syllabus for the verbal ability section. You need to answer 12-15 questions from this section to score good percentile.
- Reading Comprehension (3 comprehensions – 16 questions)
- Para Jumbles (2 questions)
- Sentence completion based on vocabular (2 questions)
- Sentence completion based on subject-verb agreement (4 questions)
- Miscellaneous questions related to grammar
Important Topics in eLitmus Syllabus
While preparing for the eLitmus exam, you need to check the eLitmus syllabus and prepare topics in the order of importance. We recommend you to follow the below order and prepare. Also, make sure you check this – eLitmus sample papers with solutions
|Section||High Importance||Medium Importance||Low Importance|
|Quantitative Ability||Number Systems||Probability||Mensuration|
|Geometry||Permutation & Combination|
|Time, Speed and Distance||Time and Work|
|Logical Reasoning||Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning|
|Verbal Ability||Sentence Completion||Para jumbles|
Scoring Pattern (Negative Marking) for Elitmus
eLitmus follows a scoring method called the ‘Handicap Based Negative Marking’. Negative marking is done based on
- The number of questions attempted by the candidate
- The accuracy of wrong answers
Based on the number of questions attempted – For example, a student who gets 4 wrong answers out of 30 attempts is penalised higher for each wrong answers compared to a student who gets 4 wrong answers out of 40 attempts.
Based on the accuracy of wrong answers – Every question has close wrong answers and irrelevant wrong answers. For example, a question like “What is the capital of India?” could have choices as Delhi, New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. A person marking Delhi as an answer is treated differently as compared to a person marking Mumbai or Bangalore.
Quantitatively eLitmus score is done as follows:
If 24 questions are answered. 25% or ¼ of 24 is 6. So if of these 24 questions following can be the scenario
- 19 right attempts & 5 wrong attempts – no negative marking
- 18 right attempts & 6 wrong attempts – no negative marking
- 17 right attempts & 7 wrong attempts – negative marking only on 1 question (i.e. after making 6 wrong attempts)
eLitmus Score Vs. Percentile chart
eLitmus Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Age limit: No limit (anyone can take).
- Educational Qualification: BE/B.Tech, MCA, ME/Mtech or M.Sc (CS/IT/Electronics) (An undergraduate major in the subject)
- ID Requirement: Government-issued ID (like Driving license, passport, Voter Id card etc). Printout of eAadhar is not accepted.
- Documents Requirement: Xth, XIIth, Graduation/Post graduation mark sheets (Final year students need to carry the marks sheets available till date).
- Other essentials: eLitmus Admit Card with photo pasted
- Any other eligibility criteria: No specific eligibility criteria.
Note: All jobs through eLitmus are listed on our website at elitmus.com.
- Login to your eLitmus account.
- Go to Jobs –> All Jobs section, and find the link to apply.
Do check the eligibility criteria for the company you are applying to, in order to ascertain the suitability of your profile for the same.
eLitmus Syllabus & Pattern FAQs
eLitmus Syllabus for CSE, IT and other IT job aspirants is given above.
The eLitmus score is valid for a period of 2 years.
There is no restriction on taking the pH test. You can take the pH test any number of times without restriction and during shortlisting, your best score will be considered.
However in eLitmus’ experience, significant number of companies prefer to shortlist candidates who have taken no more than 3 attempts. Hence, no more than 3 attempts are recommended.
Though there is no eligibility criteria to take the pH test, companies hiring through elitmus may have their own criteria in regards to backlogs. Therefore, we suggest that you clear your backlogs before taking the pH test.