This article gives detailed information about IBM Off Campus Drive for freshers job opportunity as Associate System Engineer. Students who have graduated/will graduate to obtain B.E/B. Tech degrees from all over India are welcome to apply for IBM off campus job role.
IBM is one of the world’s largest employers, with over 380,000 employees. In 2015, IBM was ranked 43rd overall in the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking. In 2017, IBM was ranked 5th in the Forbes World’s Most Valuable Brand ranking. Technology has always been on the count and with IBM one will get to learn the use of new technology and the access to the same. IBM has a vision which sees beyond the imagination and it has to power to change the world into a smarter planet. And with the dedication of its employees, it’s been doing the same from past many years. You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that you will need to become the guide you want to be. You’ll learn directly from talented developers in the field. We have the opportunity to engage you in many different areas to determine what really excites you and coach you. IBM off-campus drives for freshers are conducted regularly.
Positions Associate System Engineer – ASE
CTC 3.03 LPA
Joining Date Immediate
Experience 0 years
Registration Link Click here to apply
Eligible Streams All streams of 2019 Batch
IBM off-campus drive details
Eligibility for IBM off campus drive is as follows:
- Any Engineering Graduate – All streams of only 2019 Batch are eligible.
- Any Bachelor’s Degree / Any Post Graduates without backlogs – Only 2019 batch Students.
- Registration must for all students attending – Invite mail will be sent to all students from IBM Campus Team – Only mail invite students will be allowed to attend the campus.
Link to register: https://tinyurl.com/secibm2019batch
CTC: 3.03 Lakhs (Immediate joining)
Venue: Saveetha Engineering College , Chennai, Nalli Hall.
Date and Time: May 11th 2019, 9:00 AM
IBM off campus drive – Skills Required
- 0 to 2 years of experience with good communication skills
- Ensure that urgent customer issues are resolved in the most timely and effective manner possible.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable ability to handle various tasks or projects with changing priorities.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Utilize available time efficiently in order to achieve effective and efficient results
- Ability to assemble a complete and accurate problem/symptom description of reported issues.
- Ability to successfully solve problems and narrow down reported issues, identify root causes, and find creative solutions to effectively address customer concerns.
- Ability to listen to and work with customers in real-time to resolve issues.
- Knowledge in commercially standard software applications and major desktop operating systems.
- Awareness of basic networking concepts and technologies.
- Ability to identify basic hardware parts and aware of basic hardware concepts
- User level familiarity with at least one e-mail client – Outlook, Notes etc.
- Questioning/probing skills, as relevant to the issue and level of the caller
- See opportunity and implement process improvements
- Ability to meet a set of defined account agent productivity measurement
- Flexibility around working in shifts
- Understand the standard mission of the professional group and vision in own area of competence.
- Accountable for individual or team results. You can contribute by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer happiness, or impact immediate costs or expenses.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across technologies and job locations, based on a business need of the hour.
How to Apply for IBM off campus drive
You can apply for IBM’s Associate System Engineer role by two methods:
This might require you to fill up your details regarding your 10th, 12th, Graduation degree, and other relevant information. Keep a soft copy of your updated resume ready. Here are some ways to apply directly:
- You can apply directly to IBM Global Careers – India through this link.
- You can also look for IBM jobs at Job Portals like Naukri.com, freshersworld.com etc.
Applying through Referral
Employee referral is an internal recruitment method employed by organizations to identify potential candidates from their existing employees’ social networks. An employee referral scheme encourages a company’s existing employees to select and recruit suitable candidates from their social networks.
Ask within your connections to refer you as a potential employee. Submit your major details such as Name, Marksheets, Resume.
- The Job Profile for this opportunity will be for System Engineer for GTS, GBS, IRL, ISL etc.
- Work location can be across India
- The further rounds for Job will be held in one of these cities: Bangalore/Chennai/Delhi/Hyderabad/Pune/Kolkata.
IBM Off-Campus Drive Interview Experience
- (Employee Referral)
- Candidate Name: Vansh (C.S Student)
- University: SRM University
I was able to get a job opportunity in IBM Kolkata through the referral of a College Senior. I submitted my academic details along with an updated resume and waited for a callback. Finally, I received a referral code using which I applied for the Interview process. B. Tech students are supposed to apply in the GBS unit of IBM. After a few more days, I got an email from HR with details about my Recruitment procedure, time and location.
The process was similar to what on-campus candidates go through with 3 rounds:
- Written Test
- Technical Round
- HR Round
The Written test was an online simulated test of almost 100 mins and questions were from Mathematics and English subjects. The Math portion was easy but required me to manage my time efficiently since there was a time limit of 2min 15sec for every question. There was a completely different section for number series questions. It was easy as I had practiced this previously. Others were normal Quantitative Aptitude questions from common topics such as time and work, profit loss, geometry, percentages, averages etc. There was no negative marking so I tried attempting as many questions as accurately as possible. The English verbal section was also of moderate level. There were no Reading Comprehensions rather many questions which tested grammar, vocabulary, active/passive voice etc. I attempted almost all questions in this section. Overall, the exam went well and I was confident to hear from the company.
Finally, I was called for the Interview process at IBM Kolkata. My Technical Interview went on for almost an hour. I entered the Interview room with a positive mind and a smile. The panel itself was very comforting and polite. They asked maximum questions from my resume – about my final year project, my favorite coding language, my favorite subject and why and a few other technical questions like:
- How is an integer array sorted in place using the quicksort algorithm?
- How do you reverse an array in place in Java?
- How are duplicates removed from an array without using any library?
- How do you find the length of a singly linked list?
I stumbled in a few of the questions but managed to answer most of them. The best way is to always think before answering any question.
The HR Round went very normal. The HR was very considerate and asked about my career aspirations in IBM and in future. The overall experience was smooth. I was confident enough to get a good news which I got the next day 🙂
To know further about IBM off campus recruitment process, click here