Infosys interview questions and interview experiences of various students who have cracked Infosys in the past are shared. Infosys interview questions will help you predict some of those questions you might face as well.
Infosys Technical Interview Questions for Various Branches
Infosys Interview questions for ECE:
- What is a pointer in C? What is its use?
- Tell us the difference between C & embedded C.
- Explain the most recent project you have worked on (from resume).
- Write a program to decide whether the input number is a perfect number or not.
- Give different modulation techniques.
- What is a Real Time OS?
- What is an implicit cursor?
- What is a Zener diode? What is its use?
- Difference between TCP and UDP.
- Draw the circuit of a low pass filter? Where is its significance?
- What is an IC? What is its importance?
- Define VLSI technology.
- Differentiate between LCD & LED screens.
- What is the main function of a data link content monitor?
- What are the communications lines best suited to interactive processing applications.
Infosys Interview questions for CSE:
- What are the various steps involved in Life cycle’s Development?
- What do you know about IPv4 and IPv6? Differentiate between them.
- What is the difference and similarity between C and C++?
- Define polymorphism.
- Differentiate between ‘a’ and “a”.
- What is preprocessor?
- Write a program to decide whether the input number is a prime number or not.
- What is the difference between Char and Varchar in DBMS?
- Difference between Macro and ordinary definition.
- What do you mean by platform independence?
Infosys HR Interview Questions
- Why do you think you are fit for our organization?
- You had to wait for more than 5 hours for the interview. Are you feeling tired?
- Tell me how was your online test?
- What is your father’s occupation? What is his job location?
- Who is your role model? What have you incorporated in your life from him/her?
- Do you live in a hostel or at home?
- Introduce yourself and tell us something apart from the Resume.
- Do you have an offer from any other organization?
- Why do you want to work for us? Where do you see yourself in 8-10 years from now?
- How would you describe your college life?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are you doing to overcome your weaknesses?
- Mention a person who is your role model in life.
- Where do you rate yourself (out of 10) as an engineer?
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What is your biggest achievement till now?
- Tell us about your ultimate goal in life.
- Discuss the most stressful situation you’ve faced in college life.
- What personal attributes do you have that will help you succeed in the work place?
Infosys Interview Experiences & Questions
Interview Experience #1
Name: Preethi P
Department: Information Technology
College: VIT University
Batch: 2019 Passout
Interview Experience #2
Name: Kanimozhi Raman
College: Panimalar Engineering College
Batch: 2018 Passout
I attended the interview on Jan 7 in Chennai. Around 157 members came for the interview and my turn came very early. Interviewer simply asked basic programing questions and ECE core related questions and I prepared well and managed and answered most of the questions . Then, he asked me to wait and after 3 days I got mail regarding my joining at Infosys.
Here are some interview questions which I remember:
Interview Experience #3
Name: Subham Panja
College: St. Thomas’ College of Engineering and Technology
On the first day, on 5th September, aptitude round was held. It consisted of 6 sets of questions and each paper 3 parts logical, verbal and quants of which verbal was a bit difficult. After that exam, I got my result at about 10 PM in the night and I was selected for the interview round. In the interview, the kind of questions asked were:
1) Tell me about yourself
2) After taking my cv he asked me to tell me about my paper on springer
3) What is SDLC?
4) What is Agile
5) Difference between overloading and overriding
6) What is BigData
And finally, they allowed me to throw questions. I said that I do not have any question but he insisted me to ask. So I asked how is Infosys using blockchain? After that he asked me if I was willing to reallocate anywhere in India and I said yes. After that, with a handshake, I left the room.
Interview Experience #4
College: BIT MESRA JAIPUR CAMPUS
Aptitude round consists of 3 sections. 1st section was logical reasoning, which had 15 questions & 25 mins in which 5 questions were from data sufficiency, 5 questions on Data Interpretation, 5 questions on syllogisms. 2nd section had 10 questions, 35 min generally from crypto arithmetic (1 question maximum), profit n loss, perm. and combination, number series. 3rd section had 40 questions and the time limit was 35 mins (verbal questions). As the 1st round is tough, if you cleared the 1st round 95% chances you will get placed in Infosys.
In the interview, it was just a general discussion about my projects, my hobbies, my strength and one of the best subjects from my branch (ECE). I suggest you focus on aptitude mainly and be in touch with your branch subjects and detailed study of your project.
Some other questions asked were:
1) Tell me about yourself
2) Tell me about your family
3) Discuss about your project
4) What are your strengths, weaknesses & hobbies?
Interview Experience #5
Name: Ayush Bhattacharjee
Well, the interview was a nice one. We were called at 9:00 AM on the 6th of September for the interview. I was one of the first ones to be interviewed. So my Interview, here it goes
” I entered into the room and stood beside the interviewer who welcomed me with a firm handshake. I greeted him Good Morning and sat down (He requested me “Please take your seat”). The questions asked in chronological order are:
- So are you nervous or confident?
- Tell me about yoursel.
- Your strength and weaknesses?
- Tell me any awkward moment in your life and how you managed to overcome it.
- So since I have started my day with you I am going to ask you few easy questions.
- What is multithreading? (I fumbled a bit and could not answer this question properly)
- What is object and class? What is the difference between them?
- What is polymorphism?
- What is normalization? (I answered the rest of the questions).
- Then the interviewer said he was done with me and asked whether I had any questions. And that’s how my interview went.
Interview Experience #6
Name: Ayush Patni
College: University of Petroleum and Energy studies
Clearing the first round of Infosys is very important as they will only select 10-20% candidates after first round. In the first Round, they have 40 questions on verbal, 15 logical, 10 quants. You need to focus on verbal as it will make an impact to clear the round. I gave my Infosys test on 23rd June 2018 at Delhi and around 1500 students came and at the interview, there were only 200 students of them. So they will mainly reject the candidates in the first round. My interview took place on 25th June 2018 and I got login credentials after 3 days of interview and I get my offer letter on 17 July 2018. In the interview,they basically ask from resume and basic technical questions. It will also depend on the branch you are from. If you are from computer science, then they will ask basic technical questions. Just prepare basic technical questions from OOPS concept, DBMS and OS.
- What is normalization?
- What is a shield class?
- What is Agile method?
- What is polymorphism and explain with real-life example