Cognizant hires freshers for the following roles through AMCAT:
Programmer Analyst Trainee
Cognizant Engineer Trainee
As a Programmer Analyst, you will:
Design, code, document and test new programs. Documentation includes flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts etc.
Debug, troubleshoot, and maintain source code related to various computer programs
Customize computer programs that were bought from vendors to meet their organization’s specific needs.
Have good understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, cloud basics and other technical concepts
In short, a Programmer Analyst is responsible for developing defect free, best in class code using one or more programming/scripting languages with ability to apply continuous integration techniques to build software products and deliver business solutions.
As a Engineer Trainee you will,
Be the first point of contact for customers over the phone, e-mail or ticketing tool on technical issues
Provide first and second line technical support to the customers.
Have basic understanding on concepts of Networking & Computer hardware & software components.
In short, a Engineer Trainee will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of issues
The average pay for a Programmer Analyst/Engineer Trainee is Rs 361,066 per year.
Salary - Rs 243,717 - Rs 835,333 (depending on the experience) Bonus - Rs 8,183 - Rs 76,779
Pay difference by location/>
Eligibility Criteria for Programmer Analyst
- Minimum 10+2+4 years of education (All in full time).
- 2018 batch pass outs in BE/ B.Tech - All streams except bio-related courses, PG not eligible.
- 60% across 10th , 12th & Under Graduation (Full time/Regular courses).
- Willing to work in 24/7 Shifts & any Cognizant location.
- Should be an Indian Citizen.
- 2018 Batch candidates with provisional/convocation degree certificate, all education documents, PAN Card & passport are only eligible to participate.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineer Trainee
- 2017/ 2018 batch of B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech, MCA & M.Sc (5 years integrated course)
- Consistent academic record of minimum of 50% in X, XII, Diploma, UG & PG (all subjects taken into consideration)
- No standing arrears in current education.
- Maximum 2 years gap in education.
- At the time of joining, all recruits need to have minimum 50% aggregate (all subjects taken into consideration) in the pursuing degree with no standing arrears.
- Any students who have applied and waiting for re-evaluation would be considered only with the initial results declared.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Open only to Indian nationals.
- Flexible to relocate to anywhere in India, work in any shift / domain.
- 2017 & 2018 Batch candidates with provisional/convocation degree certificate, all education documents, PAN Card & passport are only eligible to participate.
The recruitment process for the two roles are:
- Aptitude/Programming Test
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- Voice Assessment
- HR Discussion
- Aptitude/Programming Rest
- Technical and HR Interview at Cognizant office
Interview Location : Gurgaon & Bangalore