Choosing the right programming language to implement your ideas is an important deal. There are several advantages and disadvantages oriented with every programming language in which choosing the right one with a better trade-off is essential to save energy time and cost of implementation. Now, let us discuss the unique peculiarities of Python over other languages in a lucid manner.
First of all, developers like to choose Python to implement their ideas because:
- It's simple to use
- It's free of cost
- It's compatible with numerous platforms, unlike many other programming languages.
- It's object-oriented programming language.
- It has a lot of libraries that can be imported for specific purposes making it easier for the developer to skip several loops.
Let us compare Python with other programming languages:
- Java: Java programs run faster than Python but the trade-off is developing a Python program is much faster as compared to developing a Java-based program. Typically a Python program is 3-5 times smaller as compared to a Java program.
- Perl: Perl and Python are basically from the same background (UNIX scripting) and thus have many similar features intact. Albeit their similarity, Python has a wider use as a developers language as compared to Perl.
- C++: A Python code is generally 5-10 times short as compared to the same program developed in C++ domain. It is estimated that a Python programmer can finish a work in 2 months which a C++ programmer might take up to a year.