C programming has several advantages when compared with other programming languages. These are listed below.
Advantages of C programming
- Very concise source programs can be written using C due to a large number of operators included within the language.
- C programming has a relatively smaller instruction set.
- Allows users to write additional library functions of their own. Thus the language features and capabilities can be extended by the user.
- C compilers are available for computers of all sizes and produce object programs that are small and highly efficient.
- C programs are highly portable. This is because the computer-dependent features are implemented in C's library functions. Thus, every version of C is accompanied by its own set of library functions, which are written for a particular host computer. Each individual library function is accessed in the same manner from one version of C to another. Therefore, most C programs can be processed on many different computers with little or no modification.