TCS has revealed the TCS Ninja exam pattern for TCS Ninja National qualifier test. The TCS Ninja test would be of 90 minutes and will have questions from the following categories:
|Order of appearance||Section||Number of questions||Duration|
|2nd||Quantitative Aptitude||20||40 mins|
|3rd||Programming Concepts||10||20 mins|
Note: Quantitative aptitude and Programming concepts consists of advanced modules. These advanced modules will have questions of higher difficulty level.
TCS is soon expected to officially released a mock test for TCS Ninja aspirants 2019 to get familiar with TCS Ninja Exam pattern and syllabus. Untill then, we advice you to take up the previous year mock test for better understanding of TCS Ninja exam pattern. Click here to take the Previous year (2018) TCS Ninja Mock Test.
TCS Ninja Syllabus 2019
TCS Ninja exam syllabus 2019 for each section is as follows. Carefully prepare each of these topics in TCS Ninja syllabus.
1) Quantitative Aptitude
This section contains 20 aptitude questions which you have to solve in 40 minutes. The standard aptitude section consists of 15 questions and advanced aptitude section consist of 5 questions.
The type of questions will be – MCQs and Fill in the blanks. All the MCQs carry a negative marking of 0.33 marks and Fill in the blanks have no negative marking.
The topics covered in this section are:
- Number system
- HCF & LCM
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Time & Work, Percentages
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit & Loss
- Series & Progression
- Blood Relations
- Algebra, Averages
- Clocks & Calendar
2) Programming Concepts
This section consists of 10 questions which you have to solve in 20 minutes. It also consists of standard and advanced sections. The standard section has 7 questions and advanced section has 3 questions. The marking scheme is the same as the Quantitative ability section.
This section tests your basic programming skills like input, output and debugging. The topics covered in this section are:
- Programming Concepts: Iteration, recursion, procedural vs OOp.
- C Language: Call by value/reference, basic and derived data types, storage class, scope and visibility, basics of pointers, basic header files, library functions, branching and looping, command line arguments, user-defined functions.
- Algorithms: Basic search algorithms, basic sort algorithms(tree traversal, dynamic programming, etc)
- Data Structures: Array, Stack, Queue, List (tree, hash table, etc)
This coding section consists of one question, which is to be solved in 20 minutes. Candidates will use an inbuilt compiler to solve their questions in C/C++/Java/Perl/Python programming language. There is no limit to the number of times you can compile the code.
This section consists of 10 questions to be answered in 10 minutes. A small passage will be given with blanks in between the passage. You have to answer each blank by selecting a suitable option from the drop-down menu.
This section also contains a negative marking of 0.33. The topics covered will be:
- Sentence completion
Instructions for TCS Ninja exam pattern
- Your qualification to participate in the test for TCS Digital Hiring post TCS Ninja exam, would depend on your performance in the coding section and advanced questions in the Quantitative Aptitude and Programming Concepts sections apart from being amongst the Top percentile of students in the test.
- The test will flow as per the order of appearance mentioned in the above table. Once you move from one group to another group, you cannot go back to the earlier group. For example, once you have moved to Quantitative Aptitude, you cannot go back to English and so on.
- The countdown timer displayed on the test screen will indicate the time remaining to complete each group. There are separate timers for each group and the timer will start the moment the first question appears on the screen.
- The test duration for each group is fixed. For example: If you complete a given group in less than the allotted time, the left over time will not be carried forward to the remaining groups.
- Click SUBMIT at the end of every group to move to the next group. On clicking SUBMIT in the Advanced Coding Section (last group), you will be logged out of the test.