TCS has revealed the TCS Ninja exam pattern for TCS Ninja National qualifier test (TCS NQT). TCS NQT pattern for 2020 batch is slightly different from its previous year TCS NQT recruitments.
The TCS Ninja (TCS NQT) test would be of 90 minutes and will have questions from the following categories.
TCS NQT Exam Pattern for 2020 passouts
|Order of appearance||Section||Number of questions||Duration|
|2nd||Quantitative Aptitude||15||30 mins|
|3rd||Programming Concepts||10||20 mins|
Note 1: The previous year i.e 2018, the number of questions in English and Quantitative Aptitude section is different from this year’s pattern. Our information is completely updated. So beware and prepare.
Note 2: Quantitative aptitude and Programming concepts consists of advanced modules. These advanced modules will have questions of higher difficulty level.
TCS is soon expected to officially release a mock test for TCS NQT aspirants 2019 to get familiar with TCS Ninja Exam pattern and syllabus. Untill then, we advice you to take up the previous year mock test for better understanding of TCS Ninja exam pattern. Click here to take the recent TCS NQT Mock Test.
TCS NQT Syllabus 2019
TCS Ninja exam syllabus 2019 for each section is as follows. Carefully prepare each of these topics in TCS Ninja syllabus to crack TCS NQT.
1) Quantitative Aptitude
This section contains 15 aptitude questions which you have to solve in 30 minutes. The standard aptitude section consists of 10 questions and advanced aptitude section consist of 5 questions.
The type of questions will be – MCQs and Fill in the blanks. This section had a negative marking of 2 for standard questions and 3 for advanced questions.
The topics covered in this section are:
- Number system
- HCF & LCM
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Time & Work, Percentages
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit & Loss
- Series & Progression
- Blood Relations
- Algebra, Averages
- Clocks & Calendar
2) Programming Logic
This section consists of 10 questions which you have to solve in 20 minutes. It also consists of standard and advanced sections. The standard section has 7 questions and advanced section has 3 questions. The marking scheme is the same as the Quantitative ability section.
This section tests your basic programming skills like input, output and debugging. The topics covered in this section are:
- Programming Concepts: Iteration, recursion, procedural vs OOP.
- C Language: Call by value/reference, basic and derived data types, storage classes, scope, and visibility, basics of pointers, basic header files, library functions, branching and looping, command line arguments, user-defined functions.
- Algorithms: Basic search algorithms and basic sort algorithms.(tree traversal, dynamic programming, etc)
- Data Structures: Array, Stack, Queue, List (tree, hash table, etc)
This coding section consists of one question, which is to be solved in 30 minutes. Candidates will use an inbuilt compiler to solve their questions in C/C++/Java/Perl/Python programming language. There is no limit to the number of times you can compile the code.
This section consists of 15 questions to be answered in 10 minutes. A small passage will be given with blanks in between the passage. You have to answer each blank by selecting a suitable option from the drop-down menu.
This section contains no negative marking. The topics covered will be:
- Sentence completion
- Articles, prepositions
- Cloze passage
- Direct & Indirect speech
- Para Jumbles
Instructions for TCS Ninja exam pattern
- The test will flow as per the order of appearance mentioned in the above table. Once you move from one group to another group, you cannot go back to the earlier group. For example, once you have moved to Quantitative Aptitude, you cannot go back to English and so on.
- The countdown timer displayed on the test screen will indicate the time remaining to complete each group. There are separate timers for each group and the timer will start the moment the first question appears on the screen.
- The test duration for each group is fixed. For example: If you complete a given group in less than the allotted time, the left over time will not be carried forward to the remaining groups.
- Click SUBMIT at the end of every group to move to the next group.
TCS Ninja Exam and Syllabus related FAQs
It is on 3rd & 4th August, 2019.
Yes. Negative marking is applicable for all the MCQ questions in TCS NQT exam, whereas questions based on Fill in blanks are excluded from negative marking. 0.33 negative marking is applicable for every wrong answer.
The TCS Ninja exam happens for a duration of 90 minutes.
You can code in C/C++/Java/Perl/Python programming languages.
The type of questions asked in TCS Ninja/TCS NQT exam are:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Fill in the blanks
No. Command line coding is not required for TCS NQT/TCS Ninja exam. But you can still code using command line arguments if you wish to.