Virtusa recruitment process for freshers is given below. It consists of basic guidelines for the Virtusa recruitment process, it’s eligibility criteria, job roles offered by the company, documents required etc.
About the company
Virtusa Corporation is a prominent name in the IT sector today. Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU) is an American IT services company. About the history, it is established in Sri Lanka and has its headquarters in Westborough, Massachusetts, United States.
The company, founded in 1996, has delivery centers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, Malaysia, the Netherlands, India, and Sri Lanka, Visakhapatnam, Butchayyapeta.
Services: IT Consulting, Application development, Business consulting, Legacy asset management, Systems Implementation, and Application Outsourcing services to large enterprises and software vendors, Business Process Management, Enterprise IT Services, SAP Offering, Cloud offering, Mobility.
Number of employees: 20,000 (according to the survey of 2018)
Job Roles offered by Virtusa for Freshers
Virtusa visits a number of colleges and universities to conduct Virtusa campus recruitment to select the best students who match their company’s criteria. The job roles offered by Virtusa after the Virtusa recruitment process are:
CTC and Service Agreement
|Data scientist |
Java developer (Software Engineer)
2-year service agreement.
3 LPA to Rs. 4.1 LPA
2-year service agreement.
Virtusa Recruitment Process for Freshers
Please note that according to a market study, Virtusa placement procedure ranked seventh among toughest job interviews. So you have to prepare assiduously for it. The Virtusa recruitment process starts with the process of attracting, shortlisting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for jobs for Virtusa.
The Virtusa recruitment process both on-campus and off-campus consists of 4 rounds. They are:
- Written Test / Online Test
- Technical Interview
- Group Discussion
- HR Interview
Round 1: Written Test/ Online Test
The numbers of questions in Virtusa online test are different for different profiles. The pattern for Virtusa written/online test is as follows.
|Section||No. of questions||Allotted time|
|Technical||40 – 60||40 – 60 mins|
|Programming (coding)||2||40 mins|
Note that Virtusa might also include aptitude round at times based on the profile it is recruiting for and also Virtusa coding section might have 4 programming questions if the profile is purely software development.
The total time allotted for an online/written test is between 80-120 minutes. Also, remember that there is no negative marking in Virtusa exam.
Round 2: Technical Interview
This is a one to one interview. Basically, in this Interview, the questions will come from your resume, projects, some basic SQL queries, Java, OOPS concepts etc. Whatever you learn from your bachelor’s degree related to Software development will be questioned upon.
To crack Virtusa technical interview you need in-depth technical knowledge. The questions asked will be of high difficulty level and will require a lot of preparation. Know more about the questions asked in this round.
Round 3: Group Discussion
Depending on the number of students Virtusa can take group discussion round after the technical interview. Especially when they receive a lot of applications. Companies don’t want to invest their time and energy to interact with each and every one. Aspirants should keep one thing in your mind that Group Discussion is not necessarily an elimination round. In the Group Discussion, they will check communication along with convincing skills, leadership qualities, adaptability to work with the team.
Refer these before you prepare for a GD.
- DOs and Dont’s When Participating in a Group Discussion (GD)
- How to Effectively Start a Group Discussion
- Group Discussions: What the Moderator is Looking For
Round 4: HR Interview
According to the survey, if a candidate clears Virtusa’s first three rounds then the placement possibility will be 95%. Virtusa’s HR interview is the same as that of the many other IT organization. It will start with a basic introduction and will go on.
Virtusa Eligibility Criteria
The Virtusa recruitment eligibility criteria for fresher’s is pretty similar to most of the other companies. It is Indispensable to note that many companies don’t accept applications if the candidates have less than 60% aggregate during college. Therefore it is very essential to maintain an aggregate of 60% with no pending backlogs before applying for Virtusa Recruitment Process.
- The candidate must have more than 65% marks in 10th and 12th (or diploma).
- The candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 65% marks in graduation.
- A maximum gap of 1 year is permissible after HSC(12th) and not after SSC(10th) or in between semesters of graduation.
- All pending backlogs (if any) should be cleared at the time of appearing for Virtusa recruitment process.
- B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech in any discipline (CSE/ ECE/IT/EEE/TELECOM/EI/MECH)
- MCA students can also apply.
Virtusa Recruitment Process – Mandatory Documents
The aspirants should carry the following mandatory documents while they are going to attend Interview.
- Copies of Resume
- Passport size Photographs
- Previous years Marksheet
- Internship Certificate (if any)
Virtusa Recruitment Policies
- If a candidate after applying in Virtusa, misses the opportunity to give the interview for any reason, then the candidate can apply and attend the selection process again.
- If Virtusa decides to terminate the candidate’s application for any reason, then the candidate becomes ineligible to apply.
- If a candidate gets rejected by Virtusa in the final interview round, then the candidate is ineligible to apply again until a period of 6 months after the interview.
- A candidate can apply for the Virtusa Recruitment Process the second time only after a gap of at least 6 months. The company has the right to cancel the application during that time.